Dear GITN Customers,
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
If you choose to transact with GITN i.e. for subscription of any products and / or services or use of GITN's Portal, you will be required to provide your [name, identification card number, mailing address, phone number(s), email address (es), contact preferences].
You will also be required to explicitly provide your consent to the provision of your personal information aforementioned in the form and manner as indicated in the registration process, failing which you will not be able to subscribe for the products and / or services or register for the use of our Portal.
How We Use Your Personal Information?
Your personal information will be used for processing for all related products and / or services and analysis to provide services to you. Further, we will process your personal information for the following purposes:-
- assessing your application or continued provisioning of the products and / or services (whichever is applicable);
- customizing advertisements and content on GITN's website;
- responding to your enquiries;
- research purposes including historical and statistical purposes;
- general operation and maintenance of the products and / or services provided including audit and its related website(s);
- verification purposes;
- matching any data held by GITN or its parent company, TM group of companies relating to you from time to time;
- provide you with regular communications from GITN relating to the products and / or services provided; and
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service or products improvement.
By submitting your information to GITN, you consent and authorise GITN obtaining and verifying any information about you which GITN may require in connection with your application for any of GITN's products and / or services and/or review of the existing account with GITN from any third party, especially credit bureau or reference agencies. Such consent and authorization herein will extend to any information obtained from any of the account(s) presently maintained for you, any new application for any form of services rendered or products provided by GITN, such historical financial or credit records, data or information whether or not provided personally or by any other sources relating to you which was collected, received, captured, compiled, secured and/or obtained by GITN through or by whatever means or methods or forms.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
If you choose to register and transact with GITN, your personal information may be shared where necessary and only on a need to know basis with GITN's parent company, TM or agencies so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective manner. An example might be in terms of resolving or addressing complaints that require escalation to parent company, TM or agencies. GITN may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the purposes stated above:-
- GITN's service providers or agents who are involved in providing the products and / or services;
- third parties (including those overseas) who provide data processing services;
- any credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, any debt collection agencies;
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep such data confidential, which GITN has engaged to fulfil its obligations to you; and
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of GITN's rights or business.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third party.
Your personal information may be disclosed due to reasons of law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities and any disclosure will be to such public and governmental authorities only. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
If you would like to request access or correction of your personal information, you may contact GITN Service Operation Centre. Any request of access to correct personal information may be subjected to a fee and also to applicable provisions in the PDPA. However, we reserve the right to decline to process requests which jeopardize the security and privacy of the personal information of others as well as requests which are impractical or not made in good faith.
Where you elect to limit GITN's right to process your personal information, you may contact GITN Service Operation Centre.
Queries or Complaints